Saturday, September 4, 2010

Next few letters






I am trying to be a little more experimental with this alphabet. With the "G" I tried a monochromatic background in the brown. There is something I like about it. For the "H" I thought I'd try diaganol background shapes. I'm not that it really works, but I may try another letter with diaganols that follow through "under" the letter. "I" is monochromatic green kind of graduated along. I like the brown one better, with more random placement of the different blocks of colour. The "J" doesn't ahve the red dots or diamonds in the letter, bascially because I forgot :-) but decided to keep it as another trial letter. I definitely like the letters better with the red in the letter. I also noticed that I although I put the blue on the left side of the letter, like the other ones, with the curve of the "J", it looks like the yellow is on the "outside" where the blue should be. I may redo this letter....we'll see.

5 comments:

jgr said...

These are lovely!! I especially like the diamond and round detail shapes!!

chuckie said...

Thanks...me too, definitely!

Fiona Dempster said...

I'm amazed at the different effects you can achieve by changing colours, shapes and positioning. They are a lovely and interesting group of letters - keep experimenting and playing I say!

callisueart said...

Reminds me of Adolf Berndt's work. Love the colours in the negative spaces. Sue

Gemma Black said...

Well done Chuckie!