Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Kim Schoenberger - ALaW 2010 - Part Two

Time to start thinking about the second alphabet!
A sneak peek at what I have in mind...

Recycled Teabags and my trusty ole' Singer Treadle Sewing Machine, given to me by my mother on my 16th Birthday. (The second alphabet definitely inspired by my Expressions of Love Exhibition in May at Main Street Gallery).

To get a head start last month I explored my options and had a play with some teabags to see if they fell into the 'chance happening' scenario, and to my delight they did!
Two teabags emptied, flattened, cut in half, placed together and sewn .....yipee 7 x 7 cm square, that was my answer. That was the easy bit, now to decide....what to, how to etc, etc...hmmmmmmmm!

3 comments:

Gemma Black said...

Oooooooo wonderful Kim, I can't wait. I believe we have now found our feet and are excited about the prospects of second alphabet.

x x gb

Kim Schoenberger said...

Oh yes that's for sure Gemma, I could easily continue this profect every six months with a different medium. what fun!

Fiona Dempster said...

oh my - this will be interesting Kim! Looking forward to seeing the magic of the sewing machine... F