Wednesday, September 29, 2010

August and September Letters

A busy August preparing to send my Young One off to college, and a stressful September dealing with elderly parents, put me very far behind. I was afraid I would have to drop out of the project. Decided the house didn't need to be cleaned and took a day to catch up.  For me, the purpose of joining this project was to forget the stress, recharge batteries and creativity. I'm so glad I decided to let the house go and catch up.

One more letter and I will have enough to make two more blocks.

Though I haven't commented in a while, I have peeked from time to time to see what everyone has been up to. Such an inspiration to come and browse. Thank you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CJ - Your work and attitude has filled me with resolve. Similar domestic situation has left me in a similar state of mind, but after seeing what you achieved, I am getting up from the computer and continuing. Thanks

Fiona Dempster said...

CJ I'm glad you find this project a little oasis of creativity in amongst the many parts of life that need us. I too like the way it focuses me to be a little bit creative even if the rest of the world has gone to the dogs that week (or month...)

Gemma Black said...

Hello CJ! I am delighted to hear your story. I am so glad and very proud of you for hanging in there with your project. Three cheers for you! Hip Hip Hip Hooray! Now you can reap the rewards. Satisfaction. x gb

Barry said...

CJ

I know what you mean. I just finished my September letters today - after a reminded from F. But like you it was good to do something different and it made me excited again about building towards the final piece. B