Monday, July 26, 2010

June and July Letters

I got a little behind since June and July were busy with celebrating my Young One's graduation from high school,  family birthdays, and my parent's 67th wedding anniversary on the Fourth of July. I am now caught up with June and July.

June: The K is a nod to the counted cross-stitch I used to do before calligraphy took over. E and L  were designs I've done in the past. W is copied from the Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) schwag where The Young One will be attending in the Fall.

July: Inspiration found in books. E from a color blind test. The rest of the letters came from Canadian calligrapher, Ruth Booth's Scrapbooker's Alphabet.

Five blocks have been completed. The gremlins have enjoyed making four letter words. They haven't discovered the fifth block yet. Always fun to see the words they leave behind.

3 comments:

Fiona Dempster said...

Great variety! I really like the 'W' and the 'E' made me smile.

Noela Mills said...

What a lovely free aproach to different letters. I love the Q - cheeky face with tongue poking out.

Gemma Black said...

Good on you CJ!

xx gb