Thursday, June 10, 2010






Well, I am doing some catching up here. I decided to start my second alphabet and finish the copperplate later....no rules right? :-) A little back ground---I am Canadian from BC near Vancouver and belong to the Westcoast Calligraphy Society but I am living in Papua New Guinea and my attendance at inspiring workshops is mostly vicariously through articles in the WCS Journal . This alphabet was inspired by an article about a workshop with Peter Thornton on the work of Adolph Bernd. I was intrigued by the samples of work in the journal and thought I'd try my hand at it. I've decided to go with blue and yellow letters but hopefully there will be some exploration with the background and the decoration in the letters.

4 comments:

Fiona Dempster said...

Oh wow I'm loving these! Great ideas and looking great - have fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi whoever did the Adolf Bernd letters. They are lovely! I like your colour choice too. I have been searching for samples of his work for ages! Are Peter Thornton's notes etc available or must one attend his workshop? I would appreciate any info in this regard. Best wishes, Sue (in South Africa)

callisueart said...

The Anonymous one is me! Sue Williams in South Africa. callisue@telkomsa.net

Callie said...

Sympathiques couleurs pastelles.
_ _ _

Nice pastel colors.