Thursday, May 20, 2010

Lilo's letters

I feel my brain is barren. . . so I decided to write my letters for this month in mirror writing. A little history. I was born left-handed and my father insisted that I learn to write with my right hand. I did! Years later in school I would doodle and found out by accident that I could write with my left hand but only backwards. Over the years much fun and curiosity followed this natural accident. I was a High School Teacher and would break the ice, so to speak, at the beginning of the school year taking a piece of chalk in each hand and writing at the same time in different directions. It worked and my students enjoyed seeing it. My backwards handwriting is identical to my regular writing. . . The top left is a 'd', next to it a 'c', below the d a 'q' and below the c an 'm'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leonardo Lilo de Vinci!! What fun you have had! Loved the tale about your students. Sue in South Africa.

CJ Kennedy said...

I'm lefthanded. Wasn't forced to change hands to write though the nuns made sure my paper was slanted like a righthander which made me a hooker. LOL Love your backwards writing.