Monday, January 3, 2011

Elaine's last letter...

I had finished the Z and its coloured squares just before my family arrived a week ago from Switzerland for a 2 week stay. Needless to say I haven’t had much time, but here they are now and I hope to finish off the 2nd alphabet, as a wall hanging, soon.

The Z row came together very quickly, the small shells just seemed the right decorations for one square and highlighting the flowers with simple embroidery on the other seemed to be all that was necessary.

A very big thank you Fiona for all that you have done, especially posting my work every month. I appreciate it very much! I am looking forward to continuing, many ideas are racing around in my head!


1 comment:

Fiona Dempster said...

I love the way the letters have been built up from triangles - this is an elegant letter of triangles! Lovely gentle fabrics either side - I'm sure the final piece will be elegant and beautiful as well.